Tadasana – Mountain pose also called Samasthithi
Tada = mountain
Sama = upright, straight, unmoved
This is the basic standing pose – Master it !
1. Stand erect with the feet together or slightly apart and parallel to each other
2. Stretch the toes and place them flat on the floor
3. Tighten the knees, pull the knee caps up
4. Stomach in , chest forward, spine and neck straight
5. Connect the 4 corners of the feet to the earth- big toe, little toe, inner and outer heel.
6. Distribute the weight of your body evenly on the heels and toes
7. Keep your arms straight down along your thighs or stretch them over your head.
Benefits of Tadasana
The first benefit to bring back body awareness
Overcoming body image issues
Building confidence and self esteem
Practice this pose often- bring back the alignment of your body, appreciate the balanced state, feel strong and grounded like the mountain